Wrongful Death Attorney in Pike County, IL
Wrongful Death Attorney in Pike County, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Pike County, IL, wrongful death lawyers now if you are trying to start a case. Eason Law has recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Pike County, IL, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It's important to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Pike County, IL, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Pike County, IL, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Pike County, IL, wrongful death attorney's job to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Pike County, IL
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Pike County, IL, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at Eason Law provide wrongful death clients with legal counsel. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Your Pike County, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Pike County, IL, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Pike County, IL, wrongful death attorneys immediately.