Wrongful Death Attorney in Mt. Vernon, IL
Wrongful Death Attorney in Mt. Vernon, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Eason Law helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Eason Law's Mt. Vernon, IL, wrongful death lawyers now if you want legal representation. We have recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents every year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Mt. Vernon, IL, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Mt. Vernon, IL, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Mt. Vernon, IL, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Mt. Vernon, IL, wrongful death attorney's mission to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It's helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Mt. Vernon, IL
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Mt. Vernon, IL, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at Eason Law provide wrongful death clients with legal representation. We've recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Our Mt. Vernon, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Mt. Vernon, IL, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Mt. Vernon, IL, wrongful death attorneys immediately.