Wrongful Death Attorney in Litchfield, IL
Wrongful Death Attorney in Litchfield, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Eason Law's Litchfield, IL, wrongful death lawyers now if you want legal representation. Our firm has recovered millions for clients and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Litchfield, IL, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It's crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Litchfield, IL, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Litchfield, IL, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Damages
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Litchfield, IL, wrongful death lawyer's goal to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It's helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Litchfield, IL
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Litchfield, IL, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at the Eason Law Firm provide wrongful death clients with legal representation. We've recovered millions in case victories and are ready to fight for your case.
Contact Your Litchfield, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Litchfield, IL, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Litchfield, IL, wrongful death attorneys immediately.