Wrongful Death Attorney in High Ridge, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in High Ridge, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Eason Law helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Eason Law's High Ridge, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. We have recovered millions for clients and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near High Ridge, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It's important to contact a wrongful death attorney in High Ridge, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, an experienced law firm can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's High Ridge, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your High Ridge, MO, wrongful death attorney's job to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in High Ridge, MO
If you've lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're going to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our High Ridge, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at Eason Law provide victims with legal representation. We've recovered millions in case victories and are ready to fight for your case.
Contact Our High Ridge, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our High Ridge, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our High Ridge, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.