Wrongful Death Attorney in High Hill, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in High Hill, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our High Hill, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you want to settle a claim or case. We've recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents every year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near High Hill, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It's crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in High Hill, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's High Hill, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Damages
You need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your High Hill, MO, wrongful death lawyer's mission to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in High Hill, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our High Hill, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at the Eason Law Firm provide victims with legal counsel. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Your High Hill, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our High Hill, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our High Hill, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.