Wrongful Death Attorney in Fenton, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Fenton, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Eason Law, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Eason Law's Fenton, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. We've recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents each year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Fenton, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It's essential to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Fenton, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Fenton, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Fenton, MO, wrongful death attorney's goal to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It's helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Fenton, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're going to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Fenton, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at Eason Law provide clients with legal counsel. We have recovered millions in case victories and are ready to fight for your case.
Contact Our Fenton, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our Fenton, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Fenton, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.