Wrongful Death Attorney in Clayton, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Clayton, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Eason Law, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Clayton, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. Eason Law has recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Clayton, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Clayton, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Clayton, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Clayton, MO, wrongful death attorney's goal to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It's often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Clayton, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Clayton, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at the Eason Law Firm provide wrongful death clients with legal counsel. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Your Clayton, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Clayton, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Clayton, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.