Wrongful Death Attorney in Alton, IL
Wrongful Death Attorney in Alton, IL. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Alton, IL, wrongful death lawyers now if you are trying to start a case. Our firm has recovered millions for clients and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Alton, IL, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It's important to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Alton, IL, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Alton, IL, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
You will need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Alton, IL, wrongful death attorney's mission to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Alton, IL
If you've lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Alton, IL, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at Eason Law provide clients with legal counsel. We have recovered millions in case victories and are ready to fight for your case.
Contact Your Alton, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our Alton, IL, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Alton, IL, wrongful death attorneys immediately.