Car Accident Lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Eason Law understands that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Weldon Spring, MO, car accident attorneys today if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Weldon Spring, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Weldon Spring, MO, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- Regarding non-fatal car accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It is essential to contact an experienced Weldon Spring, MO, car accident lawyer today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help victims recover compensation. Contact a car accident attorney in Weldon Spring, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
Weldon Spring, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Here are a few answers to these questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Weldon Spring, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Weldon Spring, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a few things one should do after an accident.
- Call for Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO, will most likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major problem. It is our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Weldon Spring, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Weldon Spring, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Weldon Spring, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.