Car Accident Lawyers in Valley Park, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Valley Park, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm understands that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Valley Park, MO, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Valley Park, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Valley Park, MO, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common involve intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's crucial to contact an experienced Valley Park, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help you recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in Valley Park, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Valley Park, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people may ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I even have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Here are a few answers to these questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Valley Park, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who's Liable in an Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Valley Park, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Valley Park, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Valley Park, MO, will most likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their income. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Valley Park, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Valley Park, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Valley Park, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.