Car Accident Lawyers in Springfield, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Springfield, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law understands that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Springfield, MO, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Springfield, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Springfield, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It's crucial to get in touch with an experienced Springfield, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident attorney in Springfield, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Springfield, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few answers to these important questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Springfield, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Springfield, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a few things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Springfield, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Springfield, MO, will most likely want witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Springfield, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Springfield, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Springfield, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.