Car Accident Lawyers in Saint Clair County, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Saint Clair County, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Our firm knows that in a split second, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Saint Clair County, IL, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Saint Clair County, IL
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Saint Clair County, IL, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It's crucial to get in touch with an experienced Saint Clair County, IL, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help victims recover damages. Contact a car accident lawyer in Saint Clair County, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
Saint Clair County, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to those important questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Saint Clair County, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Saint Clair County, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Call for Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Saint Clair County, IL: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. Your car accident lawyer in Saint Clair County, IL, will likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their financial stability. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious problem. It's our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Saint Clair County, IL, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Saint Clair County, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Saint Clair County, IL, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.