Car Accident Lawyers in Pike County, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Pike County, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm understands that in a split second, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Pike County, IL, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Pike County, IL
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Pike County, IL, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It is essential to reach out to an experienced Pike County, IL, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help victims recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in Pike County, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Pike County, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Below are a few answers to these important questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Pike County, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Pike County, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Call for Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Pike County, IL: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Pike County, IL, will likely request pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious issue. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Pike County, IL, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Pike County, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Pike County, IL, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.