Car Accident Lawyers in Owensville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Owensville, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm knows that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Owensville, MO, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Owensville, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Owensville, MO, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common involve intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It's crucial to get in touch with an experienced Owensville, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help you recover compensation. Call a car accident lawyer in Owensville, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Owensville, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people will ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few pieces of advice to answer to these questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Owensville, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Owensville, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a couple of things a victim should do after an accident.
- Get Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Owensville, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. A car accident lawyer in Owensville, MO, will likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their income. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Owensville, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Owensville, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Owensville, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.