Car Accident Lawyers in New Haven, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in New Haven, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law understands that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our New Haven, MO, car accident attorneys today if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in New Haven, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The New Haven, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- In regard to non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own traffic accident laws. It is crucial to contact an experienced New Haven, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help you recover damages. Contact a car accident attorney in New Haven, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
New Haven, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Here are a few answers to these questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our New Haven, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our New Haven, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a couple of things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in New Haven, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge on contingency, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. Your car accident lawyer in New Haven, MO, will most likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their earnings. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a major problem. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in New Haven, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's New Haven, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in New Haven, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.