Car Accident Lawyers in Madison County, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Madison County, IL. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Eason Law understands that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Madison County, IL, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Madison County, IL
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Madison County, IL, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal car accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It's crucial to reach out to an experienced Madison County, IL, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you've been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help victims recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in Madison County, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Madison County, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few pieces of advice to answer to those important questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This may include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Madison County, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Madison County, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a few things one should do after an accident.
- Find Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Madison County, IL: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Madison County, IL, will likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their income. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Madison County, IL, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Madison County, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Madison County, IL, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.