Car Accident Lawyers in Harrisburg, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Harrisburg, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Eason Law knows that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Harrisburg, MO, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Harrisburg, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Harrisburg, MO, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It's important to get in touch with an experienced Harrisburg, MO, car accident lawyer today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help you recover damages. Call a car accident lawyer in Harrisburg, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
Harrisburg, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people will ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few answers to these questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Harrisburg, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Harrisburg, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a few things you should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Harrisburg, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. A car accident lawyer in Harrisburg, MO, will likely request pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their income. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major problem. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Harrisburg, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Harrisburg, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Harrisburg, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.