Car Accident Lawyers in Hannibal, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Hannibal, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law knows that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Hannibal, MO, car accident attorneys today if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Hannibal, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Hannibal, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's essential to reach out to an experienced Hannibal, MO, car accident lawyer today if you've been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help you recover damages. Contact a car accident lawyer in Hannibal, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Hannibal, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Here are a few answers to those questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Hannibal, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Hannibal, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a few things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Hannibal, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Hannibal, MO, will likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help injury victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Hannibal, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Hannibal, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Hannibal, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.