Car Accident Lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law knows that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Glen Carbon, IL, car accident attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Glen Carbon, IL
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Glen Carbon, IL, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common involve construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It is essential to contact an experienced Glen Carbon, IL, car accident lawyer now if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. Car accidents can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help you recover compensation. Call a car accident lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Glen Carbon, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I even have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few answers to these important questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Glen Carbon, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Glen Carbon, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a few things one should do after an accident.
- Find Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL, will most likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their financial stability. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious issue. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Glen Carbon, IL, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Glen Carbon, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.