Car Accident Lawyers in Franklin County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Franklin County, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm understands that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Franklin County, MO, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Franklin County, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Franklin County, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own traffic accident laws. It is essential to get in touch with an experienced Franklin County, MO, car accident lawyer now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help victims recover compensation. Contact a car accident lawyer in Franklin County, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Franklin County, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people may ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who is at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to those questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This may include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Franklin County, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in an Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Franklin County, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In a car accident, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There's a few things a victim should do after an accident.
- Find Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Franklin County, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. A car accident lawyer in Franklin County, MO, will likely want witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash affects their earnings. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major issue. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Franklin County, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Franklin County, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Franklin County, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.