Car Accident Lawyers in Farmington, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Farmington, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law understands that in a split second, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Farmington, MO, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Farmington, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Farmington, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common involve intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's crucial to reach out to an experienced Farmington, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help you recover damages. Contact a car accident lawyer in Farmington, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Farmington, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people will ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to those questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Farmington, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Farmington, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Find Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Farmington, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Farmington, MO, will most likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their financial stability. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious concern. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Farmington, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Farmington, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Farmington, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact our firm today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.