Car Accident Lawyers in Cottleville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Cottleville, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm knows that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Cottleville, MO, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Cottleville, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Cottleville, MO, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's important to contact an experienced Cottleville, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help victims recover compensation. Contact a car accident lawyer in Cottleville, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Cottleville, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few answers to those questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Cottleville, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Cottleville, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a couple of things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Cottleville, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury lawyers charge on contingency, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is collecting information. Your car accident lawyer in Cottleville, MO, will most likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their financial stability. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious problem. It's our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Cottleville, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Cottleville, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Cottleville, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.