Car Accident Lawyers in Chesterfield, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Chesterfield, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm knows that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Chesterfield, MO, car accident attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Chesterfield, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Chesterfield, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It is important to contact an experienced Chesterfield, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you've been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help you recover compensation. Call a car accident lawyer in Chesterfield, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Chesterfield, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people may ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few answers to these important questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Chesterfield, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Chesterfield, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a couple of things a victim should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Chesterfield, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Chesterfield, MO, will likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their earnings. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Chesterfield, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Chesterfield, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Chesterfield, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.