Car Accident Lawyers in Centralia, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Centralia, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Our firm understands that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Centralia, IL, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Centralia, IL
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Centralia, IL, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's important to contact an experienced Centralia, IL, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident attorney in Centralia, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
Centralia, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I even have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Below are a few answers to those important questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Centralia, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Centralia, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a few things a victim should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Centralia, IL: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Centralia, IL, will most likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their earnings. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It is our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Centralia, IL, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Centralia, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Centralia, IL, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.