Car Accident Lawyers in Bethalto, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Bethalto, IL. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law understands that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Bethalto, IL, car accident attorneys today if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Bethalto, IL
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Bethalto, IL, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- Regarding non-fatal car accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's essential to contact an experienced Bethalto, IL, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help you recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in Bethalto, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
Bethalto, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few answers to those important questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Bethalto, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Bethalto, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a few things a victim should do after an accident.
- Find Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Bethalto, IL: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Bethalto, IL, will most likely want witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major issue. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Bethalto, IL, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Bethalto, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Bethalto, IL, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.