Wrongful Death Attorney in Wardsville, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Wardsville, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Wardsville, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you want legal representation. We've recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Wardsville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Wardsville, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Wardsville, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Damages
You will need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Wardsville, MO, wrongful death attorney's mission to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It's helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Wardsville, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Wardsville, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at Eason Law provide wrongful death clients with legal representation. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Our Wardsville, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our Wardsville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Wardsville, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.