Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Clair, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Clair, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our St. Clair, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you want to settle a claim or case. We have recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near St. Clair, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It's crucial to contact a wrongful death lawyer in St. Clair, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's St. Clair, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Damages
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your St. Clair, MO, wrongful death attorney's job to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in St. Clair, MO
If you've lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our St. Clair, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at Eason Law provide clients with legal counsel. We've recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Your St. Clair, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our St. Clair, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our St. Clair, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.