Wrongful Death Attorney in Salem, IL
Wrongful Death Attorney in Salem, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Eason Law helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Salem, IL, wrongful death lawyers today if you want legal representation. Eason Law has recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Salem, IL, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Salem, IL, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Salem, IL, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Salem, IL, wrongful death lawyer's goal to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It's often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Salem, IL
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Salem, IL, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at Eason Law provide clients with legal counsel. We've recovered millions in case victories and are ready to fight for your case.
Contact Your Salem, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Salem, IL, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Reach out to our Salem, IL, wrongful death attorneys immediately.