Wrongful Death Attorney in Linn, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Linn, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Eason Law's Linn, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. We've recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents each year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Linn, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Linn, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Linn, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Linn, MO, wrongful death lawyer's mission to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It's often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Linn, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Linn, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at Eason Law provide victims with legal counsel. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Your Linn, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our Linn, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Linn, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.