Wrongful Death Attorney in Farmington, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Farmington, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Eason Law's Farmington, MO, wrongful death lawyers now if you are trying to start a case. Eason Law has recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Farmington, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It's crucial to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Farmington, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced law firm can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Farmington, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
You will need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Farmington, MO, wrongful death attorney's job to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It's often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Farmington, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're going to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Farmington, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at the Eason Law Firm provide wrongful death clients with legal representation. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Your Farmington, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Farmington, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Farmington, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.