Wrongful Death Attorney in Columbia, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Columbia, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Columbia, MO, wrongful death lawyers now if you want to settle a claim or case. Our firm has recovered millions for victims and their families and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents each year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Columbia, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Columbia, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Columbia, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Columbia, MO, wrongful death lawyer's mission to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It's helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Columbia, MO
If you've lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Columbia, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at Eason Law provide clients with legal counsel. We've recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Your Columbia, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our Columbia, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Columbia, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.