Wrongful Death Attorney in Belleville, IL
Wrongful Death Attorney in Belleville, IL. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Eason Law helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Belleville, IL, wrongful death lawyers today if you want legal representation. Eason Law has recovered millions for victims and their families and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Belleville, IL, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Belleville, IL, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, an experienced law firm can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Belleville, IL, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Damages
You need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Belleville, IL, wrongful death attorney's job to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Belleville, IL
If you've lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Belleville, IL, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at Eason Law provide wrongful death clients with legal representation. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Our Belleville, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Belleville, IL, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Belleville, IL, wrongful death attorneys immediately.