Car Accident Lawyers in St. Clair, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in St. Clair, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Our firm understands that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's St. Clair, MO, car accident attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in St. Clair, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The St. Clair, MO, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common involve construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It is important to get in touch with an experienced St. Clair, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. Car accidents can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help you recover compensation. Contact a car accident attorney in St. Clair, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
St. Clair, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to those important questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This may include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our St. Clair, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in an Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our St. Clair, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a couple of things a victim should do after an accident.
- Find Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in St. Clair, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is gather information. A car accident lawyer in St. Clair, MO, will most likely request pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash affects their income. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help injury victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in St. Clair, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's St. Clair, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in St. Clair, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.