Car Accident Lawyers in O'Fallon, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in O'Fallon, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm understands that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's O'Fallon, MO, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in O'Fallon, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The O'Fallon, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It is essential to contact an experienced O'Fallon, MO, car accident lawyer now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help you recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in O'Fallon, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
O'Fallon, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people may ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few answers to those important questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our O'Fallon, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our O'Fallon, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Call for Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in O'Fallon, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is collecting information. Your car accident lawyer in O'Fallon, MO, will likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their earnings. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in O'Fallon, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's O'Fallon, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in O'Fallon, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.