Car Accident Lawyers in Mt. Carmel, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Mt. Carmel, IL. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Eason Law knows that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Mt. Carmel, IL, car accident attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Mt. Carmel, IL
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Mt. Carmel, IL, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common involve construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It's important to reach out to an experienced Mt. Carmel, IL, car accident lawyer today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help you recover damages. Contact a car accident attorney in Mt. Carmel, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Mt. Carmel, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few pieces of advice to answer to those questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This may include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Mt. Carmel, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Mt. Carmel, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a couple of things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Mt. Carmel, IL: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. Your car accident lawyer in Mt. Carmel, IL, will likely want witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their earnings. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious problem. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Mt. Carmel, IL, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Mt. Carmel, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Mt. Carmel, IL, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.