Car Accident Lawyers in Hermann, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Hermann, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm knows that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Hermann, MO, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Hermann, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Hermann, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It is crucial to get in touch with an experienced Hermann, MO, car accident lawyer today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help you recover compensation. Call a car accident lawyer in Hermann, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Hermann, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to these important questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Hermann, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Hermann, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a few things you should do after an accident.
- Call for Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Hermann, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury lawyers charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. Your car accident lawyer in Hermann, MO, will most likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their earnings. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It is our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Hermann, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Hermann, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Hermann, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.