Car Accident Lawyers in Eureka, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Eureka, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Eason Law knows that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Eureka, MO, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Eureka, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Eureka, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car accidents per year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common involve intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It's crucial to contact an experienced Eureka, MO, car accident lawyer today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help you recover compensation. Contact a car accident lawyer in Eureka, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Eureka, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to those important questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Eureka, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in an Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Eureka, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a few things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Eureka, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Eureka, MO, will likely request pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their income. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious issue. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Eureka, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Eureka, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Eureka, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact our firm today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.