Car Accident Lawyers in Des Peres, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Des Peres, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm knows that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Des Peres, MO, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Des Peres, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Des Peres, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It is essential to get in touch with an experienced Des Peres, MO, car accident lawyer now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help you recover damages. Call a car accident attorney in Des Peres, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Des Peres, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people will ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few answers to these questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This may include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Des Peres, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Des Peres, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a few things one should do after an accident.
- Call for Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Des Peres, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Des Peres, MO, will most likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious concern. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Des Peres, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Des Peres, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Des Peres, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.