Car Accident Lawyers in Belleville, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Belleville, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm understands that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Belleville, IL, car accident attorneys today if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Belleville, IL
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Belleville, IL, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common involve construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It is important to get in touch with an experienced Belleville, IL, car accident lawyer now if you've been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help you recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in Belleville, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Belleville, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people may ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I even have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to these important questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Belleville, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Belleville, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There's a few things you should do after an accident.
- Find Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Belleville, IL: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Belleville, IL, will likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their income. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious issue. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Belleville, IL, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Belleville, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.[wdac-expansion-similar-links]
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Belleville, IL, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.