The first day of Spring is about one month away, which means there is still plenty of time for winter weather to cause problems in our communities.
Specifically, any amount of snow, sleet or freezing rain can significantly increase the risk of traffic accidents on our highways, minor roadways and side streets.
While it is advisable to avoid driving whenever possible during winter weather conditions, if you must travel, make sure you are prepared:
- Allow extra time to commute to where you are going.
- Completely remove snow and ice from your vehicle's exterior.
- Reduce your speed during your commute.
- Leave enough room between your vehicle and the one in front of you.
- Consider investing in snow tires if your area is prone to large snowfall accumulations.
If you have been injured in a winter weather-related traffic accident, you may be entitled to file a claim against the driver responsible for your damages.
Put the experience of attorney James Eason and his team to work for you. Contact the Eason Law Firm to schedule your free consultation.