Answer: Not Really. The service they are offering is a service to which you already have access. For free. A system to dispute inaccuracies has been in place for years. The Credit Reporting Agencies (Trans Union, Experian and Equifax) process thousands of disputes each month. You can mail in your disputes or you can do it online. There's absolutely no reason to pay a company to do it for you. Call my office at (314) 932-1066 to schedule an appointment and I'll give you the dispute letter free of charge. Now, let's talk about credit "repair."

In my view, there is no such thing. The information contained in your credit report should fall into two categories: accurate or inaccurate. The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) demands that the information contained in your credit report be 100% accurate. Not the Ivory soap standard of 99.9 percent. Not "more or less accurate." The information contained in your credit report used to determine your creditworthiness must be completely accurate. That's because a person's credit score is used to determine so many things. Want to buy a new house or car? What's your credit score? Moving into a swank new apartment? What's your credit score? Applying for that great new job in the financial or banking industry? WHAT'S YOUR CREDIT SCORE? Inaccurate information can lead to lower credit score. Luckily, there are steps you should take in order to ensure the accuracy of your credit report. Here they are:

Step 1: Get a copy of your credit report. You are entitled to one free copy of your credit report from each of the credit reporting agencies per year. I use to get my free reports. If you want to check your report more than once per year (and you should) you can pay for them for a modest fee. Trust me, it's money well spent.

Step 2: Examine your credit report to ensure all the information is accurate. Your credit report will have a report number listed and the date your report was accessed. Keep track of this information.

Step 3: Dispute any inaccurate information. In your dispute letter, tell the credit reporting agency why the information is inaccurate. Provide them a copy of your credit report, along with the report number and date accessed, and underline or highlight any entries you find that are inaccurate. Provide any additional documents that support your position. After the credit reporting agencies have received your dispute, they have thirty (30) days from receipt to conduct their investigation. Upon conclusion of the investigation, the credit reporting agency will send you the results of that investigation.

Step 4: You received the results from the credit reporting agency, but it is still wrong. Now you have the right to sue under the FCRA. You can recover up to $1,000 in statutory damages and either the credit reporting agency or the furnisher of information (the company that reported the inaccurate information) will have to pay your attorney's fees. You are also entitled to receive compensation for any actual damages you sustained as a result of the inaccurate information.

To learn more about the FCRA and other consumer protection laws, contact The Eason Law Firm, LLC at (314) 932-1066. I've never charged a client for an FCRA case and I never will. I'm here for you.